Grow Your Business in Northern Virginia with digital marketing services from The W Agency
WASHINGTON — Virginia’s Loudoun County has the highest median household income in the United States, with several nearby jurisdictions in Virginia and Maryland close behind, according to the latest U.S. Census Bureau estimates.
Loudoun County’s median household income is $125,900. No. 2 on the list is the City of Falls Church in Virginia, with $122,092.
Nearby Fairfax County, third on the list, has a median household income of $112,844 and Howard County, Maryland, ranks fourth, with a median income of $110,224.
Also in the top 20 are Arlington County, the City of Fairfax and Prince William County in Virginia, as well as Calvert and Montgomery counties, in Maryland.
According to the Census numbers, almost 10,000 Loudoun residents commute to the District, while the vast majority find jobs closer to home, at Dulles International Airport, Loudoun County Public Schools and the Department of Homeland Security.
Nationwide, the median household income in 2015 was $55,755, making Loudoun, Falls Church, and Fairfax County more than twice the national income.
Of course, the cost of living near the nation’s capital is high.
According to Zillow, the median home value in Loudoun County is $472,000, with the median price of homes currently on the market in the county is $577,748.
Here is the Census Bureau’s list of 20 counties ranked by median household income, for 2015.
- Loudoun County, Virginia $125,900
- Falls Church City, Virginia $122,092
- Fairfax County, Virginia $112,844
- Howard County, Maryland $110,224
- Douglas County, Colorado $109, 926
- Los Alamos County, New Mexico $107,126
- Williamson County, Tennessee $104,367
- Arlington County, Virginia $104,354
- Hunterdon County, New Jersey $102,797
- Santa Clara County, California $102,191
- Nassau County, New York $101,568
- Morris County, New York $101,754
- San Mateo County, California $101,133
- Marin County, California $99,868
- Fairfax City, Virginia $99,671
- Prince William County, Virginia $99,206
- Somerset County, New Jersey $99,059
- Calvert County, Maryland $98,937
- Montgomery County, Maryland $98,314
- Forsyth County, Georgia $97,886
The post Loudoun dubbed ‘richest’ county in America again by Census Bureau appeared first on WTOP.